Thursday, February 9, 2017

An Experiment: Day Five

So for the first four days of experimenting with Papertrey's Life stamp set, we've focused on using the flowers as flowers, growing from the ground up, so to speak. Today, we're going to use one of the stamps as more of a graphic design element, focusing on line rather than literal flowers.



This design was inspired by a pin you can see here.  The lotion packaging places the words at the top, then botanical stems in a diagonal, all underlined with a solid line at the bottom. I chose the most stylized stem from Life and used just that for my botanical element. I love how the curvy line of the stem contrasts with the spiky flowers along it. There's so much movement here, but it's grounded by that solid blue line.



The font of the sentiment is clean and simple, keeping the focus on the activity below it, but the black helps balance it nicely.

Bling, of course, makes everything better. 

I'm headed off to my craft space to change gears with the set now. What sort of pretty backgrounds can I make that will set off the solid images nicely yet still remain true to my CAS (clean-and-simple) style? We shall see!

By the way, any suggestions to treat a nasty cough/cold that's keeping me awake at night? This is very frustrating!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and healing,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Life, Paper Tray, Faux Ribbon
ink: Memento Luxe Bahama blue, black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, craft foam, glue

6 comments:

  1. I like how your leaves move across the card. I would never have thought to ground the leaves. This is elegantly CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fenneltea with honey is good against coughs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of Dutch Delft pottery- that pretty blue and white pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. make tea by pouring boiling water over a teaspoon of ground ginger, add a lot of honey. Liquorice helps with coughing - I make tea with it (tea is always good). Chamomile tea is a classic for a reason. Maybe add chamomile to the ginger?(it might help with the taste as well). Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card...sorry you're up at night with a cough! I'd take a bit of whiskey, straight. Clears up that throat tickle really well. Ask me how I know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My father used a mixture of whiskey, lemon juice, and honey. Helped with the cough and cleared up the phlegm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!