Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Make-Over

I needed to make a few more Christmas cards, so I looked back over previous cards and came across THIS ONE, which, upon reflection, looks a bit odd. So I decided it was time for a Christmas make-over.

My issue with the first card is simply one of harmony. The holly, with its water-color effect, doesn't quite mesh as well as I'd like with the vintage feel of the script background. I can't remember why I pulled the holly from Hero Arts Holiday Pine Boughs set, which has stylized images, and the script and sentiment from Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post, which has vintage images. But I decided to try again using JUST images from Vintage Christmas Post.

The results are far more satisfying to my eye!


Now, the card is far more unified stylistically, and I call that a successful make-over!

I hope you all are getting ready for Christmas and feeling the spirit of the season even amidst the busyness.

Hope, peace, joy, and love!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post
ink: Archival fern, potting soil, red geranium; Hero Arts wet cement
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: none


9 comments:

  1. This is perfection! I thought the original card was very nice, but I see now what you mean. These elements fit just perfectly. Lovely! I must "pin" it! PS. I'm a fellow English major and really enjoy your grammar-related comments. :-) I usually read your posts via e-mail, so I seldom comment, but I enjoy your posts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that stamp set! And I love this card!! Will definitely be making this as my first card for next year! Yes! This is going to be the time I actually make Christmas cards all year long, so I have enough without having to duplicate.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours :)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Collage like but still clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting comparison...the first card doesn't even look like one of your creations! The second one is perfect in it's style and simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While this is far more pleasing to the eye, my first choice would have been the bold holly leaves you used previously. I wouldn't have thought that the delicate lacy look of the pine bough would show well over that lacy delicate writing. I'm still not entirely comfortable with it. I'd put a splash of color in the cones myself (not that I would have come up with this idea in the first place).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha - i do LOVE your blog - I totally prefer the second card - I think the green was to bold on the first card too - either way you are totally inspiring ,Happy Christmas to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the first card, but this one is definitely more "you" - and I love it!
    Praying that you have a truly blessed Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And it looks even prettier in real life! Thanks for sending me this beautiful card, Susan! Wishing you and your family all the very best in 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!