Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Repetition.

Repetition,

Repetition.

Stamping the same stamp multiple times can yield a lovely design. The repetition can be in a nice straight line, at random, or in some interesting pattern. But repetition can be your friend.

See?


To make this card, I used two different shades of purple and repeatedly stamped the lovely lavender branch from Gina K's Elegant Florals set. The two shades add depth and dimension to the design in a pretty effortless way. Note the unevenness of the repetition...the tops of the lavender go up and down, which creates movement (interest) rather than stasis (boredom).

After trimming the stamped panel down a bit, I stamped the sentiment directly onto it and immediately regretted the decision.

Ugh.

But remember. There are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities for embellishment*. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of card stock, let it dry, cut it down, and popped it over the original sentiment. Yay!

To add some interest to the design, I used a Wink of Stella pen. You can't tell, can you? Sigh. The idea of the Wink of Stella pen and the reality as one is wielded by me are two very different things. There just doesn't seem to be enough winking. If someone knows what I'm doing wrong, please tell me.

But even without obvious winking, I adore this card. Purple is a color of mourning, or at least it was to Victorians. And I need to stock up on sympathy cards.


Supplies
stamps: Gina K Elegant Florals
ink: Hero Arts passion flower, Memento grape jelly, Memento Luxe tuxedo black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Wink of Stella clear pen, craft foam, glue


*This is a lie. There are indeed mistakes, and that's why my trash can fills up so quickly. But you can sometimes recover from mistakes by covering them up as I did here.

10 comments:

  1. It is a fabulous card. Great design x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. It actually conveys the stamped message with the stamped image.
    Now about that Wink of Stella pen, I had to shake the living daylights out of mine, then gently squeeze the barrel to get the "wink" to flow. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I like the dark and light similar colours. Glad you were able to save as this certsinly works. Wink of stella, agree with the above suggestion, really good shake and give the pen a squeeze (gentle) so you can see the ink bubble up in the brush head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just right as is, winking a lot or no. You are too critical of your own work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very elegant and would be easy to do in multiples. I never seem to have a sympathy card on hand when I need one. Perhaps this will inspire me to make up a few to have ready. As for the Wink--I tend to get mixed results with it. I've either used too much or too little. I still like it though!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Oh I learned very early on, how to be creative to fix, cover or use the stamping errors. Can I do it?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this. I really like this. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card with the graceful stems and soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Susan. Sometimes I wait for my WOS to dry and then go over it again to get a second layer of sparkle or even a third. I like that I can control how sparkly it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!