Sunday, November 8, 2015

It's Glittery to Be Square

A simple, no-sentiment Christmas card for a simple Monday morning...


Size: 4.25" square

The central embellishment is a half-sphere covered in gold glitter...which is very festive and goes nicely with the Delicata gold ink. Found it at Hobby Lobby years ago and decided to--GASP!--actually use one of them.

So yay, me!

And now let's go off topic to another absorbing obsession hobby of mine. A friend from church invited me to be part of a book club over two years ago, and we've now got the best book club ever. November is my month to host, so I chose one of my favorite epistolary novels: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's utterly charming, has a cast of fascinating and quirky characters, and describes a part of World War II history about which I was completely ignorant...the Nazi occupation of Guernsey. I can't wait for Thursday when we our club will discuss it.

If you like reading novels and haven't read this one yet, I highly recommend it.

And that's all I have to say about that. For now.

Happy Monday!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Silent Night
ink: Delicata gold
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: gold glitter half-bead

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card-gold and glitter is my thing, so I really loved it!

    Guernsey Literary Society is a real favorite of mine, and I recommend it to folks on a regular basis-I think your book club will enjoy it a lot!

    Hope your fall is as gorgeous as ours WAS-midnight hail and very cold nights have taken our pretty leaves and turned them to compost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty!
    Loved that book too. For our Book Club (we've been together for 18 years 6 months) Christmas dinner this year, one member has asked that we list our 5 top books and 5 top movies. That's going to be a tough one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 years for our Book Club. The Gurnsey book is one of the very few that we get wistful about on a pretty regular basis. Oh--the card is beautiful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! It's fun to find old and new things that go together well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to have a look out (possibly order) that book at the library. Always rewarding using up old stash, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this classy gold.
    Our club, called Book Babes, has been together since 1996. We are a sisterhood of readers :-) and all loved your book! I am the hostess this month and our book is Every I Never Told You. Enjoy the discussion with your reading friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog posts and your creations! Also loved that book! I had never realized any part of Britain had been occupied by German forces in WWII.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!