Thursday, October 16, 2014

Back to Fall

If you haven't read the comments on my last post, I suggest you mosey on over and check them out. People have shared a bit of their creative process, and it's always educational to see how other people "do" stamping. There are some really thought-provoking perspectives on the process there. Thanks to all who commented. Perhaps even more of you will comment!

Today's card uses the only mum set I've found that I truly love...Papertrey's Mum's the Word.


There are three sizes of mum in the set, and these are the two smaller ones. The third is quite large, and using all three on one card doesn't leave enough white space for my tastes. My solution would usually be to stamp the small one twice, thus creating a visual triangle. But when I stamped these two, I thought, "Huh. That's enough."

And it was.

Just goes to show that the concept of visual triangles, while extremely pleasing to the eye in many situations, need not be followed as an inviolable rule.

Sometimes, two are just fine.

And isn't "inviolable" a really cool word? Say it out loud. Inviolable. Love those vowels.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Mum's the Word
ink: VersaMagic tea leaves, brick red, jumbo java
paper: Papertrey
accessories: dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. This is a lovely card. If you are quick, you can enter it into the Less is More challenge which this week is to use two of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inviolable is a great word, and sometimes 2 is perfect. In fact, I purposely do 2 of something for wedding cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card, Susan.

    And I really wonder why the "rule of the traingle" isn't necessary this time. Maybe, because the sentiment is as weighty as the two mums images? So in total there are three images?!

    I am not sure about this, but it might be the key. :-)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!