Sunday, August 10, 2014

I'm Back!

After a wonderful and completely exhausting week in Pittsburgh, I'm back home. I have so many thoughts in my head right now it's a miracle I can walk around and respond coherently to other human beings.

At least I think I'm responding coherently. Oh, heavens. Please let me be coherent.

Needless to say, when I hit my craft desk today after a week and a half absence, I felt the need for white space and simplicity.

Extreme simplicity.

After all, do sentiments really need an image?




Guess not.

This card was born of a need for religious thinking-of-you cards to send out ASAP. You try spending a week in a conference room with 350 other people who all worship the same God and not walk away with a bunch of stories of sorrow, grief, and stress.

It can't be done.

So in my brain-impaired state, I figured this lovely, simple, sans-serif font could stand alone. And it does. It's from Beautiful Blessings by Papertrey Ink.

So I'm back, and as CAS as ever. I hope to catch up on commenting on the OLS#8 challenge entries this week. If you haven't played along, I hope you will! And I hope to get stamping--perhaps even with some images--in the next few days.

Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers while I was away last week. I have a few stories I'll share soon!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Beautiful Blessings
ink: VersaMagic
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: corner rounder

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. Look forward to seeing much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This says it all and the heat embossing is what makes it stand alone too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done - the simplicity speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!