Sunday, March 23, 2014

IC433--Ruth Bleakley Book Art

This week's IC challenge at Splitcoast is simply delightful! The site for inspiration is Ruth Bleakley's Flickr portfolio.

(And can I say how hard it was to type Flickr without adding the missing e? Annoying how my fingers type without my brain...correctly.)

Ruth's portfolio is filled to the brim with all sorts of inspirational goodness. I made two cards in record time, inspired by two of her books! I'm not sure why my cards are so lacking in color, as Ruth's overall color sense is bright and happy and smart. She makes some amazingly colorful and pretty marbled papers, for instance. But I needed a sympathy card to restock my stash...why does the stash always empty so quickly?!? :(

Anyway, her little gray book proved the inspiration for this sympathy card highlighting stamps from Gina K.



My second card is a masculine birthday card. Can we ever have enough of those? Ruth's banded agate book got me thinking about natural patterns, and this Hero Arts wood grain stamp popped into mind. Add a band, a sentiment (Papertrey Botanical Silhouettes), and some bright blue bling, and you've got proof that bling works on guy cards.



I hope all of you are having a lovely weekend. My own has been nice, although I happily ruined a lot of paper yesterday before I went to the IC and finally found my groove, thanks to Ruth.

So you could say I was figuratively kicking down the cobblestones, looking for fun, and feelin' groovy.

Love that song.

4 comments:

  1. Wait, what is that grey thing on the left of the first card? Is it ... tape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. It's metallic paper. Cool stuff I've been hoarding for years!

      Delete
  2. PS: You have excellent taste in music.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!