Monday, November 25, 2013

Another Missing You Card for OWH

I have family visiting from out of town and haven't had time to do the One-Layer Wednesday challenge on Heather's blog, but I encourage you to click over and participate if you haven't already!

Today's card is another of the Miss You cards I made for Operation Write Home. The tiny stamped heart is SU cherry cobbler, but it's showing pretty dark here. Really, it's red!




To make this card, I punched a heart from a post-it note and attached it to a scrap of card stock, which I then stamped with a Hero Arts shadow stamp inked with SU's marina mist. The sentiment is from Papertrey's first set ever, called Paper Tray. It looked a bit plain, so I added a tiny dark red heart (from Papertrey's Heart Prints), trimmed the image, and popped it on a card.

The requests are still pouring in for Jonah's address! I'm just so touched by all the enthusiasm and willingness of strangers to offer up some love for this little boy and his family.

What a week to be grateful!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey
ink: SU marina mist, cherry cobbler; Memento black
paper: Papertrey
accessories: heart punch, post-it note, dimensionals


6 comments:

  1. The masked heart shape is lovely on the colored square. That's a nice technique. The tiny heart is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. You couldn't have shared at a better time as I was desperately looking for ideas just like this for cards for the troops.Thanks for sharing how you did the heart part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, do you prefer we send cards to Jonah directly, or send to you so you can drop them off? If I'm reading correctly, both methods are in use. Which do you prefer?

    Sarah (kegbo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer you send them to Jonah care of me...in other words, write Jonah on the top address line, then c/o Susan Raihala, 7430 Waterway Dr, Waynesville, OH 45068. His mom asked that I not share their address online. I will take all the cards and packages I receive to their house at least once a week before Christmas. I already received your card and it's in the bag to take to Jonah this week!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!