Sunday, February 24, 2013

Using Transparencies, Part 2

I decided to use the half-sheet of transparency left over from yesterday's card to make several more cards, just using pieces of it. Some of these cards were, um, ugly. But I stamped a big background stamp (wood grain from Hero Arts) in brown on the transparency and used it successfully on three different cards. For two of them, I used punches and layered.

And yes, I made these cards for Valentine's Day.







Pretty cool, eh? On the top one, I scored the middle of the heart so it would add some dimension. Bling hides the glue dots that hold the transparent punches on both cards. I like how the transparencies add shine and a hint of dimension without bulk.

Several of you asked if I stamped on the outside or inside of the transparencies. The ink is on top in all my transparency cards because I liked the look better, but you do have the option. The effect is subtly different if you flip the transparency over. There's less sense of dimension.

I also like how the use of wood grain over hearts implies that love is natural, withstands the test of time, weathers well. It's a bit unexpected, but feels right.

So pull out those transparencies and get punchy!



Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Heart Prints, Hero Arts wood grain background
ink: Staz-On timber brown, SU real red, Memento chocolate
paper: Papertrey white, SU purely pom or regal rose, not sure
accessories: heart punch, rhinestones, heart rhinestones, dimensionals, glue dots, corner rounder



10 comments:

  1. Fun red hearts. You are inspiring me to once again try transparency. I usually have zero luck. Seriously the big Z. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! You are so creative! You can do Valentine's every day in my mind - your designs are so inspirational. Thank you, Audrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, creative cards ... I love coming for a visit, it's always inspiring! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really loving these Anita! I will definitely be trying this soon! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two terrific cards! I especially like the look of the wood stamped transparency over the red. I agree w/you re the representation of the woodgrain. For ages, to declare our undying, true love, we've been carving into trees, hearts and our initials or names. Surely it is because residing on the tree, the carvings would endure and stand the test of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After your post yesterday, I have to share that as I read your blog this morning, I am sitting here eating a Jimmy Dean "Delight"! LOL! I had to laugh when my husband told me that he had found a couple of them in the freezer this morning since I had not even mentioned your comments about sausage to him.

    And yesterday afternoon I pulled a punch out of a bag that I had left sitting WAY too long and found when I went to put it where it would belong that I already owned that punch! And now it's much too late to return it. I always open my punches as soon as I get home and try them out to make sure they are not defective so I'm aggravated with myself that I let this one slip. I could have returned it or exchanged it for something I don't have if I'd been on the ball. And, of course it wasn't just a little, less expensive punch... it was a MS punch any where $25 punch. Oh joy!

    Your Valentines are lovely. I was trying to make a Valentine a while back for my hubby using a woodgrain embossing folder. It wasn't working out at all so I ended up buying him a card from the store... first time I've done that in years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the look of those red hearts. Sheesh--I think I have to look for a heart punch now....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!