Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OLW69 and a Shiny Christmas Card

The One-Layer Wednesday this week is STRIPES! Click on over to Styles Ink for details. Hope I have time to play tomorrow!

Today's card is another Christmas card in non-traditional shimmery colors...hot pink, purple, and silver. It uses ornaments from Papertrey's Take a Bough set, one of the older sets. I edged the stamped panel with a silver metallic marker.




The inks are Brilliance, so there is a lovely shimmer to the card that steps it up a notch. Check out the close up.




I've had very little time in my craft room lately. Certain distractions in life have been extremely demanding lately, clamoring for my attention far too loudly and keeping my blogging to bare facts and pictures. I hope to get inky tomorrow and find my sense of humor again soon. (And don't worry...nothing life-threatening or disastrous is going on.)

 

6 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the non-traditional colours. I also love the shimmer that Brilliance inks add to a CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a glimmer gal, but this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don usually use shimmering inks, not because i don like them but because most of them just don t work.These though seem to work perfectly...Great card
    i m glad everything is ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. Card look stunning in pink back ground.Pink color always give grace to cards.
    loyalty card printing
    PVC cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! I love anything that shimmers, glimmers or sparkles... ...so I think I "need" some Brilliance inks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the pretty cool colours, Gay x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!