Monday, December 20, 2010

CAS98 Apron Thanks

The CAS98 Challenge this week is Inspired by an Apron. The apron link is HERE.

My card focuses on the apron's colors and layering of the ruffles, which I created rather flat by using a Martha Stewart border punch. The button isn't particularly bulky, so overall I doubt this would require extra postage.


Design Discussion: I'm rather fond of a 3-3-1 combination to balance a card when using more than one color. There are three white elements, three baja breeze elements, and one river rock element. My AR/OC mind likes following the rule of odd numbers. I'm feeling a bit odd today.

But then, you already knew because I am odd every day. That's okay. I'm good with that.

Click right on over to the CAS challenge and have fun yourself! BTW, the apron is totally awesome as an apron!

On a completely different note, I received an email from the folks at Change of Address on Monday. They have an article about occasions for sending cards that has some cool thoughts. Then, I spent an enjoyable twenty minutes poking around through their older posts. Some of my favorites: "15 Houseplants Anyone Can Care For," "10 Teenage Pranks Involving Houses," and "10 Tips to Cure Your Stinky Home." I only need the first of those three (that you know), but I sure could have used some teenage prank ideas seven years ago when we lived in Rapid City and had the neighbors from aych eeee double toothpicks, but perhaps it was a good idea this blog wasn't around then. Some of the posts are quite informative, some silly. You can guess which I prefer. I do think, however, they need to have a "Top 40 Simple Stamping Blogs" post. And I wouldn't mind being on it.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages
ink: baja breeze
paper: baja breeze, river rock, PTI white
accessories: grosgrain ribbon, craft floss, button (SEI), Martha Stewart border punch, glue, tape

4 comments:

  1. Cute! And Susan, you're #1 on all our stamping blog lists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great thank you care, perfectly CAS as usual. I do find your blog the perfect start to my morning as I have my first coffee of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the fun scallops. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!