Saturday, October 16, 2010

OLW24 Hosted by Jennifer Styles!

Jennifer Styles is hosting the OLW this week, and I took a few minutes to play along. Literally just a few minutes, because for once, a card popped into my head and all I had to do was make it. The challenge is to make a winter holiday card without using a white, cream, red, or green base.

I confess I had to make this card twice, because my first choice of ink colors didn't quite work with the blush blossom cardstock. Is your blush blossom ink more orange than blush? Well, mine is. So I tried again with the VersaColor cinnamon and old rose, and BINGO!


Design Discussion: These stamps are from Art Impressions. I picked them up years ago for 90% off at a scrapbook store going-out-of-business sale. I've tried to make things with them a few times, but nothing really worked like I wanted it to. This time, it came together so easily! One layer, visual triangle of snowflakes (which I had to use a positioner for because the flake is crooked on the wood block and it bothered me), monochromatic color scheme, bling: these all worked for me!

Note: This also works for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge at SCS. Many thanks to Lydia for telling me about it!

9 comments:

  1. I like your choice of cardstock. I also like lavender and blue cardstock as a base for Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a soothing card... love the colours and the stamp.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really turned out pretty! The ink colors are perfect. Now I just need to get off my butt and get mine finished! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooo!
    love this card.
    especially like the sentiment.
    thanks for sharing!
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design with an unexpected color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! The pinks work very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Susan...I love these stamps and have several but not this one....they are great for one layer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the work you've put in to OLW--I've been enjoying it immensely! It's the only challenge I've participated in, so I'm glad Jennifer is going to help keep it going.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!