Monday, May 17, 2010

Take Time to Relax

Note: I'm working on a post about coloring with Bics and Sharpies. It's not quite ready today, so I'll be posting it tomorrow.

I've not used PTI's A Day at the Beach as much as I should have, so I pulled it out and used every image stamp in it on Friday. This card was specifically made for a friend who is WAYYYYY too busy working, running kids around, cleaning...trying to do everything perfectly. She needs to relax and let some things go, make peace with dust bunnies.


Speaking of dust bunnies, I'm fairly certain some of them behind my husband's bedside table had come to life and were verging on sentience when I sucked them up with the vacuum cleaner on Saturday. There were none behind my bedside table, so I think he was actively breeding them.

Supplies
stamps: PTI
ink: all Memento except SU summer sun for lemon wedge
paper: PTI white
accessories: dimensionals, glitter (Doodlebug), glue pen

11 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the card!! The dust in the farthest (darkest) corners under our beds has been there for a while because we don't get there very often. We've been living in this house for 10 years. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have adopted many dust bunnies to my home....they don't behave and pop up in places all over where they know they shouldn't be...those little rascals!!
    Since housework becomes a task that is somewhat lower on the priority list, especially when the garden calls, I think they may be inviting friends over to play without me knowing....darn.
    Great card....happy Monday.
    embrace LIFE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, simple but stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the giggle and some fun eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep im vacuming up the dust bunnys today too! its funny how they just appear right after you have finished vacuming!!!
    stunning card, love the summer colour combo
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. I'm laughing at myself because the first time I read the sentiment I saw "Take time to reload".

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors and I like how you kept the lemon the same color as the drink...pleasing and restful to the ey.
    maybe the dust bunnies felt safer on hubby's side!!!
    blessings
    patti moffett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Thanks for doing one post on sharpies, I just bought a couple of them and yes, there is a learning curve..I would love to know what you think.

    Tejal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this card very much. If I received this I would think long and hard about sticking it in a frame and putting it near my work space. Then I would set the card down and never see it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is AWESOME! The colours, the glitter, the two fonts... it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card and a good laugh about *dust bunnies* who are amicable *house mates* at our house too :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!