Monday, May 3, 2010

Mother's Day Cards--CAS65

This week's CAS65 Challenge is May Flowers or Mother's Day. With Mother's Day coming up (and flower cards posted yesterday!), I thought I'd share a couple of cards using the mother's sentiment from PTI's Quilter's Sampler set.

First up, a four-square grid on a scalloped square. Love my big ol' punches to add a little something to a very basic layout. Coloring these little quilt blocks is tedious, so stamping each in a different color and punching them out is really much easier.


Next, a one-layer card using Paper Salon's stitches set. I wanted this second card to be completely flat, but it really needed tweaking. Not sure about the button, though. Something about this card bothers me. Maybe the button needs to be bigger. Or maybe the card was a good idea that shouldn't have seen the light of day. Whatever.


An editorial comment about Paper Salon tins...I do not care for Paper Salon tins because the stamps are unmounted rubber on some sort of cling that DOES NOT CLING. Sigh. Pain in the backside. I think the company went out of business and perhaps this explains why. The images in this set are really useful, so I have kept it rather than pitching it in the trash. Maybe I should take the rubber off the foam and just use the tack-it glue. Oh, the effort that would require....

See, I'm selectively lazy. I have no problem making HUNDREDS of cards a year but coloring tiny quilt blocks or taking rubber off foam is TOO MUCH OF A BOTHER. I'd much rather complain about how tedious the coloring or how annoying the non-clinging cling is. How sad is that?

Please don't answer that question. It was purely rhetorical.

Happy Monday.

21 comments:

  1. you crack me up....probibly because I can relate!!??
    wonderful card....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...I know what you mean!!! Great cards - I do like the stitches card! Glad you decided to post it! I love buttons, so the button is just perfect to me! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for posting daily. I thoroughly enjoy your blog.
    Maybe what's bothering you about the 2nd card is: there is black in only 2 spots instead of your usual 3.
    Love your cards and humor! Keep posting!
    Lori VK

    ReplyDelete
  4. What it takes for you to go through to show us some fine fine cards! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri (blindstamper)May 3, 2010 at 8:37 AM

    I don't know what kind of cling foam it is, but I would try putting the tack-it-over-and-over directly onto it...less trouble? Thanks for sharing so often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this PTI set, but I avoid it because of the coloring. I like how you colored the outlines instead. VERY clever.

    WV: foxistri
    History according to FOX.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both excellent, of course! I can totally relate to your "selective laziness!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another Monday morning smile from your blog. I say take the rubber off and use the tack it over and over glue. It will take effort, but you won't have to do it again. And it will be worth the effort. Or don't do it. But I love your little quilt blocks. Although I've avoided buying that set for the very reason of tedious coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More lovely cards, Susan!
    And may I say, what a relief it is coming back to your blog this morning! I've been wading through a quagmire of blogs with cards featuring cutesy (and sometimes downright scary!) kid images,and have unsubscribed to a good few today. If I finish up with only one blog to read each day, I know it will be yours! Thanks for the Sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not left a comment lately but I follow your cards every day, Susan, and admire each and every one of them. You are the ONE crafter in blogland I aspire to but have not yet begun my Simplicity project! No copying involved at all - just love the style and creative thought behind your work. You have a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These ROCK, Susan! Glad to know I'm not the only selectively lazy one out there! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the laugh, Susan! These are absolutely wonderful. I esp love the shape and length of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan! I can always count on you for a smile somewhere in your postings! Love these cards today...the first one really touched me for some reason even though I have already lost my mom. Hugs, Judi PS.. I received my orser from Stampin Treasures very quickly! Can`t wait to try out all those new HA stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. have you tried putting "tack it over & over" by Aleen on the Paper Salon stamps? You paint on a thin layer, it dries and is sticky. I've been very happy with it. Love your cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You say you're selectively lazy... I think you should call it defining your priorities. :P I especially like today's first card. I'm also enjoying checking out everyone's OLW challenge cards -- so glad you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the card with the blue "stitching"! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH WOW! Yes, I am shouting. The second stitching card is pure genius. Sorry the stamps bite, but the idea is wonderful and one I can copy. OOOH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my!
    oh my!!
    oh my!!!

    i go away for a week and look what happens. i love EVERYTHING you have been up to since last i visited. especially the jessica witty circle cards, and the garden silhouette cards. well, and the clever cards you made with the SU sets you are selling. you have such a variety, and i just love 'em all.
    thanks for sharing and inspiring!!
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice cards! I too made a few mother's day cards to sell using this sentiment. I too am a lazy stamper - so I just use 2 sided tape or, when I'm really lazy I just use a tiny bit of tape runner. that is how I attach all my rubber stamps from smARTworks which don't have rubber or anything. i've read about that tack-it-glue but that would take forever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!