Monday, May 31, 2010

A Little Thank You Scene

I realized I hadn't used this SU Good Neighbors set yet and have had it for months and months. So I made this card.


In retrospect, I wish I'd stamped the sentiment in Memento Grape Jelly, like the roof, rather than black, but otherwise, I really like this little scene. The scalloped grass is a border stamp from PTI's Faux Ribbon set; I just curved it on the acrylic block. The bright yellow bow (made with my Bow-Easy: thanks Bahb!) is a fun stand-in for a sun, don't you think?

For the bling (have I mentioned lately how much I love bling?), I had to color some tiny clear rhinestones with my Bic Mark-It because all my green bling was too big. Those markers really are AWESOME.

Really. And I think Bic should pay me for saying that. But they don't.

Have you checked out all the OLW6 cards yet? I haven't because a dozen people posted their cards yesterday, and I was too busy keeping my family busy to comment. But I'll get to them this afternoon, because oh, my goodness gracious sakes alive! Y'all are a talented bunch of people! As for the prize drawings, I'll post the winners in a separate post in a little while. Remember, if you didn't post for OLW6, there's still time until tomorrow morning when I post OLW7, which I'd better get to work on because I really don't know what it is yet.

Thank you all for the warm fuzzies. You keep me going!

15 comments:

  1. very cute card....
    I would say that olw's are a big success!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card -- and I haven't used this set yet, either (oops!). Love the bright yellow ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamping, great card, I agree grape ink may have been slightly better but I still love it:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I still struggle to get the roof aligned with the house. I'll cut mine out from now on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love using the scallop stamp for grass...would not have thought of that myself. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing that Bow Easy bow reminds me how complicated that little device makes my bow-making lately. It's a masculine-looking bow, since the center isn't pinched, which looks just right for grosgrain but not for silk, I think.

    House card is VERY cute. When you said you maybe should have used Grape for the sentiment, I immediately thought, "Well, go ask Susan. She ALWAYS knows the right color for the sentiment." If you're our Guru, who is YOUR guru, I wanna know. :-) The black looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a charming card, it made my day a little sunnier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cheery! love the scalloped grass and ribbony sun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea to use the scallop ribbon as grass! Love the bright colours. Never seen a bow-easy, might have to keep an eye out next time I am browsing the shops..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card Susan! Love the yellow bow (sun!). :):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really? You love bling? :P I know what you mean about the sentiment, but I also like the way the strong black balances the strong yellow of the ribbon, kwim? All in all another winner card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One more reason to love your blog: "I just curved it on the acrylic block." Of course! And it made a perfect little hill.....genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your house on the hill and the yellow ribbon is perfect. I probably would have thought the sentiment was the same color as the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! I really need to get more use of this set, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!