Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CAS66 Inspired by Kelly

Kelly (kmahany at SCS, and a member of the current CAS DT there) made THIS CARD that serves as the inspiration for CAS66. It was a fun card to work with!

For my first take, I rotated the card to be portrait rather than landscape but kept everything else the same. This card uses Hero Arts stamps, SU bordering blue cardstock, and PTI white cardstock. The ink is Palette Dark Chocolate. I LOVE this owl, and since owls are supposed to be wise, I chose to make it a THINKING of you card. Get it?

[I'm glad this is the internet so you can't dope slap me.]


The second card follows Kelly's sketch exactly, although I left out the piercing and ribbon in the interests of simplicity. The bling is enough, don't you think? (*wink*)


There is no connection I can think of between umbrellas and thinking, but this sentiment looked best out of all the sentiments in PTI's Scattered Showers set. I wanted to use the "Love you rain or shine" sentiment, but it looked too heavy, even stamped in London Fog (gray) Memento ink.

If you get a chance to play along with this week's CAS challenge, please do! It's a great sketch and very versatile (as my two very different cards show!). And keep in mind the new DT selection begins soon. I highly encourage y'all to try out. It's going to be fun!

21 comments:

  1. The pink card could even make me want to use bling (and I'm a pearl person, not bling.) I love both of these-so different using the same design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great! The owl/Thinking of You/Fantastic/Not corny at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle pink and the bling! I miss my bling..
    Super cards! love 'em both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dope slap!! you never fail to make me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great cards based on the CAS sketch! I also love that little (or should I say fat) owl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the challenge with us. It's amazing to see how changing from landscape to portrait helped make the owl card pure Simplicity Style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how different cards can be even with using the same recipe. Love them both .... and I think this is enough thinking for today (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these cards are inspired, susan.
    i love the colors and the bling.
    thanks for starting my day just right!
    have a good one,
    marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both! The owl is kind of my favorite though - and I think the owl/thinking of you combination is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both beautiful cards! Love the colors, the layouts and the images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOO do you think you are with your goofy puns?! LOVE that owl card - just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, love the owl card, the umbrella is cute as well! Love how different a card can look despite having the same layout. Hev:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pink/gray color combination is so pretty. Lately, I want to put gray with everything. Who knew a boring color could really make cards come alive? You're doing some mighty fine fussy cutting on these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again great cards. Thank you for the inspiration and the humorous way you write your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Love the thinking/owl connection! And the thinking / umbrella non-connection! ;-) Off to see the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two inspired takes on this week's CAS challenge. It's a great sketch and I hope to get to play along, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! The owl is just the cutest thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both of these .... they look so different just by changing the orientation - well if you ignore the colours & images ;)
    Great take on the challenge...
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both your cards Susan, and your thinking behind them! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!