Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Backtracking a Bit

A few weeks ago, I messed around with a teal and orange color scheme and PTI's Sign Language to make this card, which Jen chose as a sketch challenge for the CAS Design Team Challenge. I am so honored! If you have thought about entering the challenge but are hesitating, please jump right in. It's a great challenge, and no matter what, you'll have fun. I promise!

Here's another card that came out of that day of experimenting:

Sorry for the weird lighting. Sunlight is a fickle thing through my window!

After yesterday's bling-fest, this looks shockingly blingless to me. Still, it's a pretty card, with the scallops and curvy font of the sentiment balancing the straight lines of the squares. And the colors just make me happy.

I hope they make you happy, too!



Supplies
stamps: PTI Sign Language, Birthday Basics
ink: Versacolor
paper: taken with teal, PTI white
accessories: square punches, scalloped square punch, dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Susan. Great layout and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this any which way you do it. I think I may do something like this at my workshop on Saturday---looks like fun to me!!!
    (I really wanted to try out for that DT, too, but just am too intimidated.....eek!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Susan! LOVE the colors...And I know there are some Miami Dolphins fans that would too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness! I just discovered your blog via a link on SCS and I just love what I see! Your clean and simple style is so wonderful and inspiring. Will definitely be viewing your blog regularly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like these colors together - would never have put them together myself but now I will!! And I really like the scallop square. It makes me realize that even though I have my scallop nestibilities, I almost never use them!! Going to have to fix that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scallop border. Nice layout again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these colours, so fresh and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite layout. the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so cute in this layout. That mat behind it is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!