Thursday, April 30, 2009

Colors, Colors Everywhere!

Here are the three different color versions of my CAS12 card from this post. I wanted to experiment with complementary colors (colors opposite each other on the color wheel). These combinations pack a nice punch, especially on mostly white cards where the colors can really shine. Ann asked to see the cameo coral and turquoise one, so it's first up.



You should check out Ann's blog, Creative Antics, if you haven't already. She's got tons of talent!



Here's a cheerful pink passion and green galore version. These colors really pop!





This is the only one of the bunch that is on PTI's cream cardstock rather than white. The pumpkin and brocade blue look stunning together, very different in feel from the other two cards.



I will send the first person who can tell me the source of the title of this post the card of their choice from the four versions of this card. Here are two hints: it's from a song on an episode of a show on Nick Jr. I have all the songs from every episode of this show memorized and they run through my head annoyingly often. Please tell me I'm not alone.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. Lovely set of cards. I guess my favorite colour is the pink :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the title from "Yo Gabba Gabba"?
    Your cards are absolute perfection, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, these are all fabulous! The cameo/turquoise one is my fave.

    p.s. Thanks for the shoutout. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color combos are fantastic, and I have no idea on the song. We're still in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Pooh Bear, and Handy Manny phase here, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drat...I have all the knowledge of Nickelodeon but not the Juniour variety!! I love these colors!! Can you help me out...what days are the CAS challenges posted on SCS?? I'd like to try to play along one of these days but never know when to look!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the cards look great - you are so convincing me to buy this set. I also love how you photographed the cards on the different colored b/grounds - very cool idea. TFS. Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan-
    I really *love* orange and blue! fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!